Should you reroof or repair?
Choosing whether to replace or repair a roof can be a difficult decision to make but with the help of the experts at Alpine Roofing Co., Inc. you will be equipped with the knowledge to make an informed choice. Although your roof doesn’t wear out all at once, your roof’s demise will sneak up quickly. We offer free inspection services to help determine if a repair or new roof is needed (click here for our request form). A leak, missing shingles, or roof split can more often than not be repaired. However, curled shingles, shingle granule loss, and broken tiles are warning signs that a roof is at the end of its life expectancy.
When choosing to replace or repair your roof you should consider the following:
- How old is the roof?
- If your roof is older than 20 years you might want to consider a new roof system rather than repairing your existing system.
- How many areas in the roof system leak?
- If the shingles on your roof are excessively curled or buckled they are probably starting to fail.
- Are you happy with the aesthetics of your roof system?
- What is your financial situation?
- Do you repair now and budget for a new roof system in the future?
- Does the current roof system meet state and/or city codes?
- Has your decking become rotted from long term leaking or improper ventilation?
- Replacing rotted decking gives the structure more strength.
Re-roofing is the process of installing a new roof when a roofing system fails. Roofing system failure can be caused by a number of factors including:
- Severe weather
- Poor workmanship
- Improper specifications
- Abuse and/or failure to maintain the roof with regular inspections
Residential Roof Repairs
If repairs are what you seek, Alpine Roofing Co., Inc. understands how frustrating and concerning a roof leak at your property can be. Leaks not only cause damage to your property’s interior but also to your belongings and contents. We specialize in repair services for most types of existing residential roof systems. Our experienced repair technicians will investigate the cause of the leak and make necessary repairs to keep your property and contents protected.
- We hire skilled and knowledgeable service technicians in the roofing field who receive regular training and are equipped with the appropriate equipment and materials to complete your roof repairs.
- We are supported by a fleet of service vehicles dedicated to provide quick response times.
- We will work with customers to schedule and coordinate such needed repairs to return the roof to a watertight condition.
- Our service technicians carry digital cameras and are instructed to photograph before, and after pictures as well as document all visible roof problems. By using this technology Alpine can provide you with information, show you any problems and discuss any needed work and or recommended solutions.
- Our service department’s goal is to offer a quick response on urgent leaks. During a time of demand our repair department will work diligently to satisfy our customers’ needs. General repairs and warranty services will be scheduled to accommodate the customers’ needs and schedule.
- Home owners require changes from time to time and need to install new roof penetrations, and we can provide that service as well.